Thursday, June 15, 2006

The Best Movie I saw at SIFF


I've seen a lot of good documentaries at this year's Seattle International Film Festival including: "37 Uses For A Dead Sheep," about the nomadic Pamir Kirghiz tribe, "George Michael: A Different Story," "Jonestown: The Life And Death Of Peoples Temple," "Loud Quiet Loud," about the 'oh so sad' Pixies reunion tour, but one film stood tall above them all. It was called "The Heart Of The Game," and if you get a chance to see it... you really should! If you even remotely enjoyed "Hoop Dreams" you'll love this movie. It was terrific!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait... better than the George Michael doc?

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the suggestions Sean.
Yeah, shaking my hips with the Bumbershoot throng had a definite oh so sad aspect; at one point I was convinced they were pulling a Milli Vanilli. Still I shouted along with Alec Eiffel - Keepin low don't make no...SENSE! Check out the 'New York Doll' document. Probably :better: than their current revival.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Sean said...

I saw "New York Doll" - it was really good as well. I didn't know that Morrissey was so instrumental in reuniting the band.

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home