Friday, June 23, 2006

MP3 of the Day


THE ELEPHANTS are a band I discovered about a year ago. They are a three piece from Tacoma, WA. who play a mix of guitar / casio pop in a few different styles. I've seen them play live (a few times) and all three members write and sing their own songs. They self released a pretty entertaining self titled album this past year. I heard a rumor recently that they may have broken up, which is too bad.... if it's true. Today's song is called Humans Extinct. This song is especially fun to do "the robot" to.

5 Comments:

Blogger HOW TO PURCHASE ART said...

This song is amazing. That album you speak of is amazing. Who told you they broke up?

12:04 PM  
Blogger Mears said...

sean does a mean robot...

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope they aren't broken up. They have a show on the Crocodile Cafe calendar for the end of August (Wednesday Aug 30th)... my hope is that Pete the Crocodile booker played Dr. Phil and brought them back together (and now their bond is stronger than ever). As far as the robot song... if the Elephants song 'Oh Tina' doesn't convert the cynics, I don't know what will. The world should go download it here: http://www.myspace.com/theelephants3

Dang it, Sean. Now I'm going to talk like a robot all day.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Sean said...

It's true... I usually shout obscenities at friends (and strangers) while doing the robot. I'm mean!

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No matter how busy we are, breakfast is one of those things that we should not skip. Today I ate oatmeal.

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home