Friday, July 14, 2006

Flashback MP3 of the Day

THE ZOMBIES broke up just two weeks after they completed (their second album), Odessey and Oracle, in December 1967. It wasn't released in the US until 1969. Some consider it to be the only true Zombies album, as their first LP Begin Here was a collection of singles. The record is light but clever pop with plenty of intricate harmonies, catchy riffs, and heavy use of keyboards. The noticeable misspelling of "odyssey" in the title was the result of a mistake by the designer. Since its release the album has come to be regarded (by some) as a pop masterpiece. This Will Be Our Year (from Odessey and Oracle) is today's MP3 of the Day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will I ever get over the fact that my Yngvei Malmsteen buddies used to tease me about the Prick'n'cocker I use to play? Oh screw it, Weller was a hero early on, KW and I posing in the parochial skool bathroom mocking the cover of In The City. I even just gave away P.W.'s liveacoustic cd (includes That's Entertainment!) to some art docent complaining i. i should have just sung her In The Crowd The Realms of the Unreal. Tunin up! B to C. oops I'm Tlakin like a zombie! they're great too btw, but you know what? Idon't Care I Don't Care IDon't care i care I don't care don't Caer I don't Care!

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home