Thursday, October 12, 2006

It IS easy being green!

In honor of Earth Day, I wanted to repost these enviro-tips:

Call me what you like (dirty, tree-hugging hippie; filthy, earth-lovin' envirogeek--I've heard them all) I've learned that it actually is quite easy to be green without compromising your rock 'n' roll lifestyle:

*It's EASY to drive your car less. Even if your city is public transportation-challenged like Seattle, carpooling or taking the bus just one day a week is easier than you think. And you get to experience the Metro crazies!
*Recycling your electronic gadgets is EASY. I know you crazy kids love your camera phones and mp3 players. When it's time to upgrade, don't trash it! Those little beauties can be recycled to make new gadgetry. If you live in Seattle, the Seattle Audubon store allows you to drop off all your TechnoTrash including CDs, cell phone chargers, and computer cords. If you don't live in Seattle, post a comment letting me know what city you live in and I'll help you find a way to recycle your electronics.
*It's EASY to compost. If you have the space, worm bins will take care of most of your food scraps. I recommend this book to get started. If you live in Seattle or other compost-friendly city, your yard waste bin can take pizza boxes, paper coffee cups and a lot of different food waste.

I hope you've enjoyed these enviro-tips. Feel free to share other green tips or call me any names I haven't thought of. Oh! and I wanted you to know that my Kermit is part of a bigger Muppets quilt being made by Vicki Marsh. I'll post a photo of the whole quilt when she's done with it.

Cheers!
Jenny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home