Sunday, October 01, 2006

My first post!

It's taken a few months for me to dip my toes in the tullyblog, but I'm finally overcoming my technofears and am posting from the studio. My first official stint in a real recording studio has been pretty fun and interesting thanks to the following:

1. Kip, the sound engineer, is not only good at what he does, but he's a super nice guy and makes puns out of my name ("Jenergy and Jenuine". Okay, maybe they're not actual puns, but you know what I mean.)
2. Tormenting Chris about the Project Runway guy with the neck tattoo: I hate him; he's Chris's favorite. I didn't believe the hype about that show, but I was totally sold on it yesterday when I watched six episodes back to back. Especially the one where they made dresses out of recyclable materials. I heart recycling.
3. Watching Sean do his trademark Stumbling Man Dance while we listen to different takes.
4. Food parade! Doritos, Jeffurritos, sour candy for Chris, and the Mexican food that almost killed Sean. My favorite, however, was Cori's classy dinner of canned ravioli and a glass of merlot (see photo).
5. Cori's wearing a necktie as we speak. And Chris's lady shades.

Okay! That's my first post. If there's one thing I'm proud of, it's that I beat Jeff to the punch.

Cheers!
Jenny

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about chris and his lady shoes!

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenny, I thought you'd enjoy the recycling episode - I thought Alison got a raw deal (hers was an origami work or art) while Vincent squeaked through with that WTF? grade school craft project. Neck Tattoo makes me cringe; I'm voting for Bitchy Older Woman.

6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bitchy older woman?! Neck Tat is gonna take her DOWNTOWN!
And for the record there are very few shoes I own that could fit a woman, stylewise or otherwise!
My eyeware is another story.

6:52 PM  
Blogger Fnarf said...

She's not bitchy, she's mouthy. There's a difference. She's a mouthy broad, which is the absolute best kind. Neck Tattoo Guy needs to wake up and smell the 21st Century -- he's a LA club rat gone sour. He needed to be refrigerated but it's too late now.

The best thing about the show isn't the show, it's Project Rungay: http://projectrungay.blogspot.com/ -- read the whole fucking thing, it's high-larious. They get the funniest screen captures ever. Keep an eye out for Crazy Vincent items, they're the best.

7:42 PM  
Blogger Fnarf said...

Like this caption, from Episode 10: "That runway's starting to look a little like a convention down by the airport. Vincent's all 'My girl has class. Your girl looks slutty. Oh god, I can't stop staring at her tootie. It's blowing my doors off.'", for a picture of Crazy Vincent staring directly at her crotch.

Or a little lower down, from the same episode, as Vincent stumbles coming onto the set: "'Whoa! EARTH IS SWALLOWING ME AGAIN! EARTH IS SWALLOWING ME AGAIN!' then 'Just steps. I'm safe. I'm okay. haha. Who knew?'"

Or when they savage Angela in the same episode: "Call us crazy, but when your model bows her head and silently weeps, there may be something wrong with the dress."

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeffurritos? Should we ask?

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TOTALLY ROOTING FOR NECK TAT!

cori, you need a real dinner!

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How does Sean's stumbling man dance go?

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard that it's sorta like the Jennerbug. And that it's best after he's had a few shots of Sloe Jen, but fucking hilarious when he ends up on the floor gasping for oxyjen!

12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home