Thursday, October 05, 2006

Wild Bikini - the back story

A few years ago I happened to catch the 1965 Annette Funicello movie, How to Stuff a Wild Bikini. I had never seen this movie before and was overwhelmingly disappointed by it's theme song. With such a great title, it should have almost written itself! These were professional song writers! How on earth could they have done such a poor job?! Listen to this thing! Here is the theme from the Original Motion Picture: How To Stuff A Wild Bikini. It's a total stinker! Suddenly, I was inspired and convinced that we could do better. Thus, the Tullycraft song, Wild Bikini, which appeared on our album Beat, Surf, Fun a few years back. Whether our version is better (or not) has never been officially determined, and I'm pretty sure it never will be... and that's ok. Have a great day!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your version is much better though I do like the Xylophone part in the original and the fact that the chorus from Baby got back is awfully similar to the chorus from this song. 36-22-36

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next time I'm at the beach I'll hold the camera at crotch level. Thanks for the tips!

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been telling people for ages that Tullycraft rocks my bikini top off, but it bears repeating again today especially!

2:45 PM  
Blogger harold hollingsworth said...

fun to hear that 12 string guitar solo I put down in that song, fun recording sessions those were there in Ballard! I remember loads of video Risk being played!

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's a cool solo harold. my iTunes counts backward, so at the 1:25 mark, that 2 note lick always has me humming Dreaming by Blondie

7:08 PM  
Blogger Fnarf said...

There's a video Risk? Is there a video Diplomacy?

8:02 PM  
Blogger Sean said...

There IS video Risk. I no longer have the one Harold is speaking of. We played it on a Sega Nomad (hooked up to a television) while we recorded Beat, Surf, Fun. It was great! You could have up to six players at once.

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

each phantom comic (the guy in the purple suit) starts with the words "for those that came in late..." and then tells the reader (should they have never read a phantom comic) about how the first phantom was a cabin boy and how his ship was attacked by pirates and how he was marooned and how he swore to beat up pirates and how he had this son and how his son beats up priates and his son and so on and now we have the 19th Phantom and now he beats up pirates and how he has a horse called hero and ...

WOW ARCHIVES COOL!

8:06 AM  
Blogger Fnarf said...

What the hell are you talking about? That's a TERRIFIC song!

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think i like the tullycraft one better

8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha I love both songs

- mike cody

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home