Friday, January 19, 2007

Investigation: Paris

The start of my quest to discover the answer to the very puzzling question, "Why don't the French like Tullycraft?" places me in France's bustling cultural epicenter, Paris. I walked around, looking for indie-pop buttons. Rien. I searched every nook for young people wearing messenger bags or sweater vests, any telltale signs of indie-popdom. Rien. I climbed around the Sacré Coeur, through Montmatre, and down to the Moulin Rouge. Still, rien. I stopped in the bakery next door, and asked the man at the counter, "Why don't the French like Tullycraft?" He scowled at me, and said something I did not understand. Then he spit on my calfouti. Strike one.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

today is my other half's birthday (KB is 29!) and she just completed a living langugae french course--- maybe one day i can have her talk to some of the locals and erase the hate? twee sees no color. well, maybe except light pink and furry baby blue??

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is KB?

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha ha ha Spit!

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm... French spit.

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

KB's my wife-- thanks for asking!

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cori!

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"KILLER BEARDS"


xo

4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cori, While you are in Paris see if you can find any vintage Cabbage Patch Dolls at one of the street markets on the Champs Elysees. If you find one named "Pe Elle" with the birth date of March 29th, buy it and you will be glad you did because they are wonderful companions as well as great ice breakers at parties.

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vous aimez la bande Tullycraft ? Vous n'avez pas entendu de Tullycraft ? Vous les aimerez! Écoutez-le!

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a french from Bordeaux and I love Tullycraft. Let's hope I'm not the only one.

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I once dumped a plate of hamburger and fries on a person who was French and he asked me, "Is this because I am French people?"
I said, "No, it is not because you are a French people it is because you don't talk right."

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home