Wednesday, January 10, 2007

MP3 of the Day

Liz and I are going to Washington, DC on Thursday for a long weekend. I've been there a few times, but I've never had the time to be a tourist. We're going to see the monuments, visit as many museums as we can, and of course, spend a day at the Smithsonian. It should be be fun. For the rest of the week we'll be showcasing Washington, DC's indie pop history. We're starting with the kings of the DC pop scene, UNREST. Today we have Suki [160 B.P.M.] from their (almost) flawless 1992 album, Imperial F.F.R.R..

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love this song!

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The best part about DC is all the museams are free as is the zoo which is really good. I suggest the Air and Space museam and the hirshhorn museum and you can iceskate in their sculpture garden but that costs money. The metro can take you anywhere in the city easily but I would avoid it during rush hour because it costs more and is crowded. Just wanted to give you some tips from a local.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Thomas A. Lincoln said...

Awesome song. Takes me back!

I understand that the Joseph Cornell exhibition at the Smithsonian American Art Museum is excellent. http://americanart.si.edu/collections/exhibitions.cfml

Are you going to put up any Barcelona songs? Perhaps they never went far enough and were too tongue-in-cheek to merit an MP3 this week, but I've been greatly enjoying their song "Studio Hair Gel" recently. It lightens my heart because it references the now-defunct D.C. nightclub Tracks, where we used to go back in the late 80s. It was the only dance place we, as teenagers, could get into. They played New Order there. Except on Monty Python, I had never seen a man dressed as a woman before.

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home