Wednesday, June 20, 2007

MP3 of the Day

CYNDI LAUPER was born on this day in 1953. Raised by her mother, a waitress, in Queens, NY, Lauper began her career singing with cover bands on Long Island. She released her debut album, She's So Unusual, in 1983 (at age 30) and became the first female artist in rock history to score four Top 10 singles off a debut. She received five Grammy nominations and won the Grammy for Best New Artist that same year. Today we have a live version of Money Changes Everything from She's So Unusual (a record I actually still love).

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this post caught me off guard but cyndi lauper is just that amazing i guess. i love her too and im not even sure why.

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This so rules!

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cyndi Lauper: My first celebrity crush. Possibly one of my first crushes ever.

And, uh, I'm still not over it.

Admission: Cyndi Lauper was my gateway drug into punk rock. Because at 11 (?), I decided I wanted to know why she looked like that and what I had to do to dye my hair bright red.

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Punk Rock School for Pop Stars?"

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home