Thursday, September 13, 2007

MP3 of the Day

Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! premiered on this day (September 13) in 1969. Twenty-five episodes were produced (seventeen in 1969 - 1970 and eight more in 1970 - 1971). The show was the result of CBS and Hanna-Barbera's plans to create a non-violent Saturday morning program which would appease the parent watchgroups that had protested the superhero-based programs of the mid-1960s. A popular theory holds that the creators of Scooby-Doo meant for the main characters to represent five different liberal arts colleges. Daphne was said to represent Mount Holyoke, Velma - Smith College, Fred - Amherst College, Shaggy - Hampshire College, and Scooby was said to be UMass Amherst. Sometimes the obvious just works. Today we have Pearl Jam Is Not A Good Band by APPLES OF THE EARTH. Enjoy!

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Don't turn into pitchfork, telling seemingly unrelated facts and then posting an mp3! It upsets me.

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't know. i like the scooby-doo history and other fun facts i find here. i'd hate for them to go away.

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the random facts too. they make me laugh each morning when i log in. please keep them. and the songs too. it is a highlight of my day.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Mears said...

yeah dude, you gotta keep the random facts. i learn something new every day, even about one of my favorite childhood shows!

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did not learn anything on today's post as I always have held that Pearl Jam is not a good band.

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always thought Shaggy was Wesleyan.

1:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of random facts. It's just, how do they relate to them mp3s? SOME of them. Some of them totally relate. If you would like to do a blog post a day that contains a random fact, I would be all for that. I really would. I am all about the random facts. Mostly I just got panicked about this place turning into pitchfork. *freaks out*

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my louise, today was i think the first day i used an actual 'pitchfork'. maybe i am bill berry figure, or a sterling morrison? sean and brad were lennon/mccartney you know.

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home