Thursday, November 29, 2007

MP3 of the Day

Actor Cary Grant died of a stroke at age 82 on this day in 1986. In a film career that spanned more than 30 years, Grant distinguished himself as a sophisticated and debonair leading man. He retired from making movies in 1966. Although he never won an Oscar, he received a special award from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences in 1970 for his contribution to film. Many people don't know that Cary Grant was a advocate for LSD and took the drug more than sixty times. He once said: "All my life, I'd been searching for peace of mind. I'd explored yoga and hypnotism and made several attempts at mysticism. Nothing really seemed to give me what I wanted until I discovered this treatment. I hurt every woman I ever loved. I was an utter fake, a self-opinionated bore, a know-all who knew very little. I found I was hiding behind all kinds of defenses, hypocrisies and vanities. I had to get rid of them layer by layer. The moment when your conscious meets your subconscious is a hell of a wrench. With me there came a day when I saw the light." Today we have Make Love A Star by THE POISON CONTROL CENTER from their album A Collage Of Impressions.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Today is a hard day for me. I can't get myself out of bed, I think I have a cold or the flu and bloody bloody... well you know. I was going to meet my friend Jay and go to this bar where he told me they have Thursday shooter night. Where you drink as many shots as you can for a fixed price. Could be a good deal could be a bust I guess I will have to wait until next week to find out. Take care of yourself during the cold and flu season. Oh and suck IT!

4:11 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

^ oh...Ye Olde Squires, too bad you missed half price fajitas on Wednesday.

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot believe you didn't post "Cary Grant's Wedding" by The Fall!

6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This Poison Control Center song is great.. KEXP loves the shit out of it. I love the shit out of Cary Grant..
Susan

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home