Tuesday, April 22, 2008

MP3 of the Day

Last year the Skatterbrain blog conducted an un-scientific poll to determine the Royal Court Of Twee. In other words, the top 10 twee bands as voted on by its readers. While I found the final list to be pretty well rounded, I was disappointed that THE ORCHIDS hadn't been included on the list. The Orchids were certainly one of the more interesting bands on Sarah Records. They developed musically far more than any band except, maybe, The Field Mice. In my opinion, they encompass twee. Today we have the song Caveman by THE ORCHIDS. You can catch them at this year's NYC Popfest.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personally I would have liked to see Tiger Trap just a little higher on that list. Or maybe just the high priestess of twee herself, Rose Melberg - in all of her Melbegian-twee band formations.

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you could trade out 14 Iced Bears for The Orchids without most people making much of a fuss

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the past two days have been great songs

7:47 PM  
Blogger Fnarf said...

"Caveman" is my favorite Orchids song. Best group ever? Listen to Epicurean again and tell me otherwise.

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home