Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

On this day in 1976, ROBYN HITCHCOCK announced to a crowd in Cambridge "We're the Soft Boys." It was a new direction for the band that was only hours before calling themselves Dennis & The Experts. The new band name came from the title of a song that Robyn recently made up in rehearsal called "Give It To The Soft Boys." Guitarist, Rob Lamb left the group shortly after the name change, commenting that he thought the band was "getting to be too scrappy." Today we have a live version of the song Viva! Sea-Tac by ROBYN HITCHCOCK recorded at the Metro in Chicago. I think I'm gonna take tomorrow off, have a great weekend!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are live recordings of where the Decemberists do a bunch of Hitchcock songs. It's at a loud bar or coffeehouse in Portland. I had a friend send me the songs after I saw her computer mp3 list. The date of their show was significant to me, so I thought I would be lucky and it would be neat. NOT, on all accounts. Viva!

5:13 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

I love this song. Even though I live in New England, it reminds me of my Tacoma roots.

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave (from the band BOAT) claimed to be a Prince from Tacoma, but a watchdog group found this to be a false claim when no royalty was discovered in his bloodline. True story.

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home