Wednesday, January 28, 2009

MP3 of the Day

On this day in 1997, the third full-length album, Perfect from Now On was released by Built to Spill. It was the band's first major label release on Warner Bros. The original recordings of the album were destroyed by heat when Producer Phil Ek was driving from Seattle to Boise to record overdubs. After this set-back, the band rehearsed some more and re-recorded the album at the Avast! Studios in Seattle. Today we have the song I Would Hurt a Fly by BUILT TO SPILL from the album Perfect from Now On.

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

yes yes yes
I picked up that new Fleet Foxes album 'cause one, it was only $12- on vinyl with an extra Ep and a mp3 download code, two, I kinda liked the one song i heard, and three, it was produced by Phil Ek.
He's a real one-of-a-kind guy who's produced many of my favorite records such as this BTS classic.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Sean said...

Chris,
Did you like the Fleet Foxes album? It bored me to death. I know I was supposed to like it, cause the whole world did, but I just didn’t. Much like the Cave Singers album that received so much hype a while back, it was lost on me.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I need to listen again. It seems slow, but also had some harmonies that sounded interesting, but the songs don't exactly jump out at 'ya. The liner notes had some fun comments re: their various recording techniques and working with Phil that made me laugh.

1:11 PM  
Blogger Sean said...

Hey, we should talk in-person sometime instead of just thru the Tully-blog. I imagine there are all kinds of topics we could cover.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

yeah, I fully expect someone to tell us to "get a room"

2:39 PM  
Blogger Mears said...

how many more times do i have to beg you two to get a room???

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home