Wednesday, March 25, 2009

MP3 of the Day

On this day in 1978, Meat Loaf appeared as the musical guest on Saturday Night Live. That evening, actor Christopher Lee introduced him by saying,"And now ladies and gentlemen I would like you to meet Loaf." Then he paused, and looked a bit confused. He continued, "I beg your pardon, what?" (the director corrected him) "Oh! Why...why I'm sorry, yes, of course...ah... Ladies and gentlemen, Meat Loaf!"
I'm pretty sure if I had discovered the Bat Out of Hell album in junior high instead of The Clash, I would be a different person today. I didn't find Bat Out of Hell, and the songs of Jim Steinman until I was in college and by that time I had already been ruined by Calvin Johnson - but still I had a period when I was pretty into that record (actually, I still am). Today we have the song You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth by MEAT LOAF from the 1977 album, Bat Out of Hell.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Yes! One of my top five shows was Meat Loaf, Cheap Trick opened for him. There was so much sparkly confetti! Will there be sparkly confetti at the April 4th show?

8:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Calvin "ruined" so many of us.

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home