Friday, May 29, 2009

Christmas at the end of May

On this day in 1942, Bing Crosby recorded the Irving Berlin song "White Christmas" with the John Scott Trotter Orchestra and the Ken Darby Singers. The morning after Irving Berlin wrote "White Christmas" he went to his office and told his secretary, "Grab your pen and take down this song. I just wrote the best song I've ever written — hell, I just wrote the best song that anybody's ever written!" The song only took Crosby 18 minutes to track. Since 1942, this recording has sold over 400,000,000 copies, making it the biggest-selling record of any kind ever. Today we have the song Bing Crosby by BABY I LOVE YOU. Happy Friday!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where can I find this band? So great, I want more!

5:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ooh, yeah, this is that band I was asking about one time. I have *one* other song called "Community College Life" which I could probably send you if you weren't so anonymous. :) And if that's okay with the folks here.

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home