Friday, August 28, 2009

A Fond Farewell to The Lucksmiths

After 16 years together, The Lucksmiths will be playing their very last show tomorrow night at the Corner Hotel in Melbourne, Australia. Our good friends Steve & Nancy will be attending this momentous event. Coincidentally, both Steve & Nancy were in attendance when The Lucksmiths played their very first show in the United States in Chris Munford's living room. Over the years Tullycraft has had the good fortune of playing with The Lucksmiths on a number of occasions, and it's always been a pleasure. Speaking for the rest of Tullycraft, I think I can say we will all truly miss this wonderful band. In a recent interview we were asked to name our favorite Lucksmiths’ song(s), Chris and Jenny both chose “Smokers In Love,” so today we have a live version of Smokers In Love recorded at the Baltic Room here in Seattle. Happy Friday!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really love This Chapter in Your Life on bad days and Adolescent on good days. Can't believe my cat outlived them..

2:08 PM  
Blogger DanielDanone said...

I love "The year of driiving langerously" Great band, I'll miss them.

3:43 PM  
Blogger LindseyBee said...

My fav might be Untidy Towns

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Dan said...

"Good Light" is my pick

11:42 AM  
Blogger Gordon said...

Right now, since it's a song for endings, I'm partial to Requiem for the Punter's Club (classic rock club and beer dringing hangout in Melbourne). "Have you been drinking? 'Cause it's not too late to start" Sigh..

/Axel

12:39 PM  
Anonymous andrea said...

"camera shy" for me

12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home