Friday, October 02, 2009

MP3 of the Day

It’s Friday and we’ve reached the end of the rarities (this go round anyway). If these haven’t been obscure enough, I’ve decided to end the week by revealing part of the Tullycraft process that I’m sure will interest practically no one. Often times when I’m writing songs, I record ideas into my old iPod. When I say old, I’m talking black & white screen… yeah, it’s still kicking. I have a small microphone that attaches to the top, so it’s a quick and easy way to document ideas before I forget them. Most of these song ideas never become actual Tullycraft songs (I literally have hundreds of them on my iPod), but occasionally they do. Today I’m sharing a rough version of the song “One Essex Girl” that I recorded using this system. Admittedly, this song is a bit more flushed out than most of my sketches, I don’t usually have this many finished lyrics. So here are both the iPod demo of One Essex Girl, and the Tullycraft version of One Essex Girl that appears the Every Scene Needs A Center album. Have a great weekend!

3 Comments:

Anonymous harry said...

So I guess this it it, huh.


:(

1:20 AM  
Blogger Space Jockey said...

see this is another time when tullycraft's coy-ness kills me. saying this 'interests practically noone' and then it ends up,, like,, changing my life :)

12:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Doot doo doo doo!

Doo doot doo!!!!

LOVE IT!

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home