Wednesday, October 28, 2009

MP3 of the Day

I am back. I can't thank Jenny enough for taking on the blog during my break. I think we can all agree, she did a fabulous job! I see Cori contributed a post as well, so my thanks goes out to him too. I'm still trying to get my bearings - you may have to cut me some slack over the next few days.

While I was away it was announced that The Besties are breaking-up. In part, the email read: "As happens with many awesome relationships, stuff happens and things get hard..." I can understand that. They will be playing two more shows: Dec 4th in Asbury Park, NJ and Dec 6th in Brooklyn, NY. If you live near either of these you must attend!

In case you missed it (or even if you didn't) here is our "On this day" regular feature:

On this day in 1961, the trial of Chuck Berry began in Missouri. Berry, one of the biggest pop stars of the late 1950s, was charged with transporting a minor across state lines for immoral purposes, when he took a 14-year-old waitress he had met on tour with his traveling rock show. He was convicted and sentenced to three years in prison. After a short stretch in Leavenworth Federal Prison, he was transferred to a Missouri jail, where he spent his time studying accounting and writing songs. When Berry was released from prison in 1963, his musical career enjoyed a resurgence due to the cover versions the Beatles and the Rolling Stones had recorded of his songs. In honor of The Besties (and Chuck Berry) today we have Prison Song by THE BESTIES. I know I've posted this one before, but it's so good - and if you don't know it... you should!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Dan said...

so bummed to hear about the besties break-up

8:25 AM  
Blogger Sean said...

Cori and I saw The Besties play a fantastic house show here in Seattle this last year. It’s so sad to hear that they are splitting-up.

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Joaquim said...

welcome back!!!

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home